I enjoyed watching everyone flex their bloggy muscles during June, but maybe we need another exercise to keep up the impetus. I’m being selfish here – I want to read more Australian library blog posts… And maybe some people who did not join in in June could test the waters?
Bobbi Newman from the Librarian by Day blog has been behind the “Day in the Life of A Librarian” project for the last couple of years. Every six months an ever-growing group of librarians is recording what happens during the same week. Here are the instructions from her blog post, Round 5 of Library Day in the Life!.
The only suggestion I would make is that as well as joining the wiki, we could tag all our posts “
ozlibdayinthelife5” . UPDATE 26 JULY 2010. The generic tag is “libday5” , so let’s go for “ozlibday5” instead.
So, who’s in?
July 26th 2010 will start Round 5 of Library Day in the Life Project.
What is the Library Day in the Life Project? well it started with this post suggesting that we blog what we do all day at work. Libraries are changing so rapidly and we all know no ones is reading books, despite what the public may think The idea being that you’re sharing an average day, so many of us don’t have an average day though so a lot of people did a week, me included. I maybe just do a day this time though, we’ll see.
If you are wondering why you should participate Meredith Farkas offers an excellent explanation of why she did. The Project has turned into a great resource for students, instructors, staff and patrons.
So how you particpate?
- Go to the wiki
- Create a PB Wiki (pbworks?) account (it’s free)!
- Add your name, your job title (so we can see what you do at a glance) and a link to your blog.
- On the 27th start recording your day or week. It doesn’t have to be a blog post it can be photos, podcasts or videos
- Tag your posts, pictures, videos, podcasts with librarydayinthelife.
- After you’ve finished your first day come go back to the wiki and edit your link to link directly to your tagged blog posts, videos or photos.
Of course read along!