Twitter has been all atwitter today about the ISP filtering campaign in Australia.
The Federal Government announced today that the pilot ISP filtering trials have concluded. The Government has considered them a great success and have announced more details of their plans to “improve safety online”.
Rather than rehash all the details and responses to them, I recommend you check them out yourself:
- Measures to improve internet safety for families – Senator Conroy’s media release
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) Filtering ‘Live’ Pilot – Trial report
- Measures to increase accountability and transparency for Refused Classification material – details of new measures
- Electronic Frontiers Australia response
- ABC News report
- The Age newspaper report
- All the tweets and links on Twitter (its a trending topic)
ALIA has announced that they will also be responding to the release.
It will be interesting to see where things go from here.